1. Create a budget. There’s no need to break the bank on a vacay. Plan according to what you can afford. Use sites like Expedia to save on travel. Weekend vibes are always a thing, but the way Monday to Thursday prices are set up, you’d be a fool not to take advantage of the big differences in dollars.
2. Consider traveling by railroad. Enjoy scenic paths without driving exhaustion or the hassles of airport lines. Renting a car or opting in for a rideshare will help you get around when you get to the destination
3. Book a rental home or apartment instead of a hotel. This option gives you extra privacy with the same amount of security. My favorite thing about rental properties is having the option of cooking dinner while I’m away allowing me extra cash to splurge on other things.
4. Sit your ass down, damn! Use this time to relax. Take a breather from social media, endless text threads, and phone calls. Plan a few outings to get a feel for the city but don’t go overboard trying to cram everything into one setting. Chill Sis, spread it out!
5. Don’t forget to stay up to date with the weather in the city you’re choosing to head out to, nothing ruins the fun in the sun like rain rain rain. Unless your plans were to stay in and… read (clears throat).
Wherever your heart leads you, don’t forget to go over the basics. No matter how strapped for cash you are, there’s always something chic and cheap right around the corner. Go, Bich!